Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Enough's enough...

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:49:44 -0500

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:37:28 +0100, Peer Janssen said:

How do you know these are the same person?

Could it be a decoy?
A social engineering test against the forum?
A clue test against the members of this list? (Who could be interesting
in detailed profiling of the security community? What could it be used
for in which scenarios?)

What's really going down while we're all distracted with this flame-fest? ;)

I guess nobody will go far in security with in-the-box thinking and with
simply taking things at face value.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not actually out to get you....