Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Enough's enough...

From: Peer Janssen <peer () baden-online de>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:37:28 +0100

Samuel Beckett wrote:

On 11/14/05, Disco Jonny <discojonny () gmail com> wrote:
I thought that this was an excellent bit of trolling....  and
deserving of food, until google and boredom brought me across this...

http://forum.crime-research.org/teech-me-how-to-hack-vt6.html?highlight=

"I'm I want to become a hacker. By the way, whats "netbus"?"

http://www.geocities.com/n3td3v/home/about.html

"Extensive on hands hacker scene experience (6+ years) (Knowing your enemy)"
How do you know these are the same person?

Could it be a decoy?
A social engineering test against the forum?
A clue test against the members of this list? (Who could be interesting in detailed profiling of the security community? What could it be used for in which scenarios?)

I guess nobody will go far in security with in-the-box thinking and with simply taking things at face value.

Peer