Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: CISSP Test

From: Vladamir <wireless.insecurity () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:34:35 -0500

In my opinion, they should do away with "boot camps", they churn out paper CCNAs, paper CISSPs, and they're doing nobody any real good.

Why did SANS do away with the practical portion of their (I forgot the name) exam? I read briefly about it, and it looks (well, looked) like a lot of fun, how hard would it be?

Set up honey pot w/ snort, ethereal, secured logging server
Advertise "insecure machine"
Sit back, collect packets, write report.

Doesn't sound too hard to me!