Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: CISSP Test

From: Vladamir <wireless.insecurity () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:04:57 -0500

Wow, thanks a lot. I'll pick the book back up, I have read about a lot of "clueless" CISSPs, this one gentlemen I spoke with (Who is a CISSP) said that OpenBSD is easily remotely exploitable, it made me question the integrity of this gentleman and the process in which one becomes a CISSP (Assuming it has to do with through understanding of secure networks, platforms, etc)

What are some of the other Computer/Network security exams that are good for showing a through understanding of the concepts?

Wade Woolwine wrote:
Agreed with Robert on this one. It's pretty much a sure-fire way to get
your foot in the door...esp. if you're dealing with Gov. contractors or
the Gov. itself. Once you have the job, if you don't have the skills, you
won't last long. I figure 90% of the job battle is actually getting
through the HR folks who look over resumes checking off boxes in a
checklist to see if you qualify - certs/education and of course experience
will fill all those check lists.

wade