Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Cisco IOS Shellcode Presentation

From: "J.A. Terranson" <measl () mfn org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:27:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

or go with some exotic
architecture like Intel's  iAXP432(*) or the IBM S/38, which are both "tagged"
architectures, but hardly qualify as "general purpose".

S/38 (aka IBM's Future Program) was both a great idea, and every bit a
"general purpose processor".  Why it never caught on I never fully
understood.  Honestly, I hadn't thought of the tagged processors when I
answered Jason's rant - I was merely thinking of separated data and code,
but really, S38 would have been the right "final" answer.

You get the Gold Star :-)

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin () mfn org
0xBD4A95BF

"A stock broker is someone who handles your money until its all gone."
Diana Hubbard (of Scientology fame)