Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft AntiSpyware - First Impressions

From: Paul Laudanski <zx () castlecops com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:16:38 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, James Patterson Wicks wrote:
While this was just a quick test to satisfy my curiosity about the
Microsoft tool, my initial feeling is that the Microsoft AntiSpyware is
worth a test deployment in the office.  This beta expires in July.
Hopefully the final version will be free and allow for centralized
domain management.  It's the least that Microsoft can do.

To expand on your tests, I know this doesn't include the Microsoft
rebranded Giant, but this is worth a look:

http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm

--
Regards,

Paul Laudanski - Computer Cops, LLC. CEO & Founder
CastleCops(SM) - http://castlecops.com
Promoting education and health in online security and privacy.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html