Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Spy Agency Mined Vast Data Trove

From: Joshua Levitsky <jlevitsk () joshie com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:52:10 -0500

On Dec 28, 2005, at 8:59 AM, Leif Ericksen wrote:

Actually after reading some of the the comments I have to say you all
missed the point...  *IF* you are not doing *nothing illegal* and have
nothing to hide no big deal.

Laws change. Prior to Prohibition it would have been legal to drink alcohol in the United States. The reason Big Brother is bad is not always for the laws you are breaking today, but for the laws that have not yet been written that you may be held accountable for tomorrow. There are reasons that we in the U.S. have rules around wire taps and other information gathering. I do not want to live in a prison state.