Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Oddness with the MS antispyware beta

From: Jay Libove <libove () felines org>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:45:37 -0400 (EDT)

I see that extra MS antispyware window (systrayhide, systrayshow, ...) also on a two-monitor workstation using nVidia's desktop manager. A similar thing happens with an ancient pop-up stopper I use (AKiller). If you're seeing it on a laptop, it's probably because the laptop has a second monitor capability and is running the advanced window management functionality to know about the second monitor.

Both are just artifacts of either poorly written software (Giant Anti-spyware, my little old AKiller program) or poorly written window managers (or both) which result in the "don't show this window" bit being ignored when under advanced window management.

They're annoying, but not an indication of anything nefarious.

-Jay Libove, CISSP
Atlanta, GA, US

Message: 9