Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Oddness with the MS antispyware beta

From: "Gregh" <chows () ozemail com au>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:00:37 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "MN Vasquez" <mnv () alumni princeton edu>
To: <full-disclosure () lists grok org uk>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 4:02 AM
Subject: [Full-disclosure] Oddness with the MS antispyware beta

On the 2nd monitor I found a program window "hiding".  Basically, in a very odd position -- on a typically
non-displayed
portion of the desktop, which I only found by configuring multiple monitors.  It seems the programmers are "hiding" a
window, which I have attached as a jpg.  For those that don't want to open an attachment:

there are 5 buttons: systrayhide, systrayshow, systraynormal, systrascanning, systrayupdating.

Sorry old son but it isn't hidden in any nasty or bug kind of way. I have 2 XPSP2 machines, one is a laptop and the
other a desktop. For some reason that window doesn't show when Antispyware is started on the desktop with a normal CRT
monitor but it does on the laptop every singles time. Normally it "hides" as in turns invisible after the prog has
completed starting.

Greg.