Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Teen hacker controls ebay

From: Andrew <andrew-dont-tell-me () ledge co za>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:35:26 +0200 (SAST)

Just a thought ... suppose I have a somewhat unusual address
which I use in my domain transfer requests ...

OrgName:    Eicar Hackers Internationale
OrgID:      EHI
Address:    31337 Eicar Road
Address:    PO Box X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*
City:       Los Angeles
StateProv:  California

Around 3:06am on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 a mail from Florian Weimer said ...

* Marcin Owsiany:

The delegation was changed because Ebay's registrar for the .DE zone,
TUCOWS, didn't object when asked by DENIC whether the change was
alright.

The "asking" was actually two programs "talking", right?

Yes, DENIC sends two or three mail messages over a period of five
days.  Delivery problems are investigated.

Mail delivery problem: SMTP servers often silently drop
virus-infected mail after 220 accepting it.  (When's
postfix-milter due for release? :)

&:-)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html