Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [SPAM] Will a vote for John Kerry be counted by a Hart InterCivic eSlate3000 in Honolulu?

From: Jeff Price <jeff () misterunix com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:45:26 -0500

Jason Coombs PivX Solutions wrote:

I just voted for John Kerry at a walk-in absentee ballot polling place in Honolulu County using an eSlate3000 (unit
serial number A05A0B) made by Hart Intercivic: http://www.hartintercivic.com

I was told by the official who gave me the choice of voting on paper or voting electronically that the electronic voting
machines weren't supposed to be here yet, but that since they arrived in time for the 2004 election, they were being
used anyway.

Will my vote be counted? That depends on a number of unknowns, such as whether or not the unit on which my vote was
cast subsequently malfunctions, rendering the entire vote tabulating memory card corrupt.

Is this really appropriate for this group? But since you brought this before the group, why would you vote for Kerry? Oh, never mind..... Sorry that's off topic.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html