Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Hacking into private files, my credit card purchases, personal correspondence or anything that is mine is trespassing and criminal.

From: Barry Fitzgerald <bkfsec () sdf lonestar org>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:07:48 -0400

Giselbert Hinkelmann wrote:

Am 12.10.2004 um 01:33 schrieb Jesse Valentin:

My point is that just because something isn’t recognized as incorrect by a “legal entity” this doesn’t necessarily indicate that the conclusion is sound…

Which means that future generations may see not giving free/cheap access
of all published information to everyone as soon as it was technically possible
as one of the worst crimes of the 21st century...

Actually, that state would guarantee the death of democracy. We're not just talking about free movies here. We're talking about who controls the dissemination of information. This can't be thought of as just a petty criminal matter. It has much wider implications.

            -Barry

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html