Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Slightly off-topic: www.georgewbush.com

From: Barry Fitzgerald <bkfsec () sdf lonestar org>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:25:23 -0400

Duncan Hill wrote:

On Friday 29 October 2004 11:47, Berend-Jan Wever might have typed:
Hi all,

Want to view www.georgewbush.com from outside the US? You can't: Access
denied. This "security" measure (!?) can easily be avoided using a proxy in
the US or any anonymous surfing website though.

So, what is it he doesn't want anyone from outside the US to read ?

There's an article on arstechnica.com, and it documents how using the IP of the server instead of the domain works. Why they did it - ask the owners of the site, not us :p

Hehe - a fine example of Bush-style security. Someone help us... please help my country... we've been overtaken by simpletons. :)

            -Barry

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html