Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Why is IRC still around?

From: "james edwards" <hackerwacker () cybermesa com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:59:54 -0700

if shooting people is evil, OBVIOUSLY guns are flawed, but only
insofar as people are capable of abusing them, willing to abuse them,
and effective in their attempts at doing so. so to burn the candle at
both ends you have to fight the spread of trojans and virii by fixing
the holes they exploit and providing detection services, while also
continually analyzing and evolving the structure on which it all
rests. ie, the internet at its core... protocols, etc.

But, just like IRC, a gun has legit uses. I am alive today because
I was in a situation where it was kill or be killed (I surprized so folks
robbing my house). So,  OBVIOUSLY, guns are not flawed. Your argument,
on the other had, is.

james

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html