Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [in] Re: IE is just as safe as FireFox

From: Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi () oav net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:35:00 +0100

Could you please define "integrated"? English isn't my primary language...

In:-D

        Thanks. I thought that it had more meanings :-D

        Given that Firefox is integrated in Linux...

¿Will I be able to use Linux wthout Firefox?

Yes.

 Or, ¿is Firefox an operating system module?

No this is a program like for example Word, or Excel on windows...

 Being Linux a kernel... Is Firefox a kernel module?

No.

Result : Firefox is not integrated in Linux, it is a third party software as /bin/bash or whatever that is given as a giveaway on the computer...

/Xavier

--
Xavier Beaudouin - Unix System Administrator & Projects Leader.
President of Kazar Organization : http://www.kazar.net/

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html