Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Odd packet?

From: "Gregh" <chows () ozemail com au>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 07:08:14 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: <full-disclosure () nym hush com>
To: <full-disclosure () lists netsys com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 12:49 AM
Subject: RE: [Full-disclosure] Odd packet?

Getting quite a few 127.0.0.1 on differing
ports lately and I know it isn't
originating FROM this machine. Haven't
sniffed any packets but they come up
in logs.

Anyone know of anything that spoofs as
coming from 127.0.0.1 but comes from
outside and what it may relate to? Only
been the last week and nothing changed here.
Thanks for any help.

Wow.  Quite possibly the most vague description
of a problem I've seen on FD for a while.  You
gave a source address and that's all (localhost
no less).

It seems that you need to do a little research
of your own before posting to a list like FD.

I am fairly certain that I did say, as you quoted above, that it didn't come
FROM this machine. I am quite well aware what 127.0.0.1 is by what I posted.

If you cant bother posting something helpful, why did you reply at all?

Thanks to all the others who DID reply with something useful, though.

Greg.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html