Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Administrivia

From: Jason <security () brvenik com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:08:29 -0500

Nick FitzGerald wrote:

John.Airey () rnib org uk wrote:

And please guys, stop cc'ing me. I'm on the list and have been almost
since it started!

Indeed.

First, it is actually _rude_ to CC responses to messages from "self-
moderating" lists (such as Full-Disclosure) to the poster and the list because, by definition, the poster is on the list and will see your reply.

Perhaps a read over RFC 1855 would be in order for a few?

ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc1855.txt

but *I* prefer to be in the recipient list if I have joined in on the discussion, it is clearly a discussion I am interested in or felt like chiming in on. I have filters... they filter... they filter differently if I am a named to or cc... discussions I am participating in by default float to my attention.

tis all I have to say

+++ath0 :-)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html