Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: [inbox] Re: Re: E-Mail viruses

From: "Curt Purdy" <purdy () tecman com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 17:16:26 -0600

Cael Abal wrote:
Personally I'd dispute this solution's elegance, anything
which requires
substantial user behaviour change (and doesn't drastically improve the
virus/worm situation across the board) is an ugly kludge.

I would say that completely eliminating all virus infected attachments,
past/present/future without any further interaction by IT dramatically
improve the virus/worm situation across the board.

Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA
Information Security Engineer
DP Solutions

If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
-- White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html