Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: E-Mail viruses

From: "Curt Purdy" <purdy () tecman com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 17:36:44 -0600

bart2k () hushmail com wrote:
If your not kidding it furthers the arguement that
all those certification characters at the end of
your name are worthless.

"Having NO security is better then, security by obscurity !!

Pro-actively dropping all non-priority attachments is not by any means
"security by obscurity".  I am not hiding anywhere.  I am smashing all
viruses flat before they even have a chance to enter my email AV server.  If
anyone gets ugly who happens to know the priority extension, the AV gateway
will get it anyway.

BTW, I'm damn proud of those letters, worked hard for them and never took a
day of school or "boot camp".

Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA
Information Security Engineer
DP Solutions

If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
-- White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html