Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: M$ - so what should they do?

From: Mohit Muthanna <mohit.muthanna () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:18:24 -0400

like duh... have you _not_ heard of "edlin" ???

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:04:37 +1200, Stuart Fox (DSL AK)
<stuartf () datacom co nz> wrote:

How about changing the ".exe" convention?  Making a file
executable by it's "extension" probably causes a lot of
opportunities for problems, doesn't it?

Also, the magic file names, like "CON" and "AUX" should go away.

No way!  Am I the only person who still uses "copy con filename.txt" to
create scripts and such at the command line?  Please tell me I'm not?

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

--
Mohit Muthanna [mohit (at) muthanna (uhuh) com]
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those