Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: M$ - so what should they do?

From: "Aditya, ALD [ Aditya Lalit Deshmukh ]" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway technolabs net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:01:30 +0530

Also, the magic file names, like "CON" and "AUX" should go away.

No way!  Am I the only person who still uses "copy con filename.txt" to
create scripts and such at the command line?  Please tell me I'm not?

CON and NULL should stay but COM, AUX and LPT should go away. i had a server in which the script kiddes got into the
ftp server and made a COM1 folder on ntfs. had been a pain in neck to rename that folder - had to use linux with ntfs
support!

-aditya
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
éb½êÞvë"žaxZÞx÷«²‰Ú”Gb¶*'¡óŠ[kj¯ðÃæj)m­ªÿr‰ÿ

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html