Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: M$ - so what should they do?

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:32:53 +1200

Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

Actually, just doing that one *alone* (splitting it out so it isn't entwined into
the OS) would probably do more than anything else.  But we're not likely to see
that happen, not since the Microsoft witnesses swore on a Bible that IE was an
integral part of the OS....

Yep -- the DoJ defense has many long and nasty tentacles that will
ensure shoddiness and ongoing bad design "decisions" in MS software for
many years to come.

Is this the first major case of "insecurity by enforced legal defense"?

Perhaps our law schools need to introduce a new course: "Software
architecture priciples for Lawyers" ??

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.