Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: M$ - so what should they do?

From: "joe" <mvp () joeware net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:42:44 -0400

I am not sure I agree with the first thing. Actually I think it helps in
that it is easier for people to know something is executable veruss having
to look at additional attributes to see if something is executable.

I would argue against many of the other associations that exist however such
as DOC and ZIP and such. However that doesn't make them executable, it just
means that something will read them and execute them when fired.

What security benefit do you see for the second thing?