Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: M$ - so what should they do?

From: Ondrej Krajicek <krajicek () ics muni cz>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:45:04 +0200

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 11:05:14AM -0400, William Warren wrote:
redeisgn their products..the basic windows design is flawed and
needs reworking for one thing..:)

This is a 100% ignition topic, but... the basic Windows design
is one of the better things about Windows. Some of the features
the kernel part has are still not implemented in Linux,
for instance...

What really sucks is the user space part. The more close to
the user, the worse it gets.

I'd be careful with statements like that. Yeah, it is really
cool to criticize Windows (those cool Linux hacker
guys do this too), but I hear such statements usually from
folks which could not provide any arguments to support
such claims.

Sorry, no offence intended.

Ondra

|Ondrej Krajicek                                                 (-KO|
|Institute of Computer Science, Masaryk University Brno, CR          |
|http://isildur.ics.muni.cz/~ondra               krajicek () ics muni cz|