Full Disclosure mailing list archives

FW: DOS all platforms

From: "Jos Osborne" <Jos () meltemi co uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:35:26 -0000

Back just before the millenium my local college lost about 30 or so brand new computers cos' of a virus that overwrote
their flash Bios'es with random gibberish. Said Bios chips were soldered directly to the motherboard so they couldn't
even be easily replaced.
I heard about the HD destroyer too - it was supposed to be something to do with setting up a vibration in the drive
heads that destroyed the slipstream layer the head rides on. Nobody I know has ever _actually_ seen it happen tho.

Jos