Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MyDoom.b samples taken down

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:47:50 +1300

Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

Then how do you explain F-Prot's recent article condemning other AV
companies for doing the "spamvertising" you complain about?  The AV
industry is not mono-lithic and there are many internal disagreements
that the public are never privy to.

One company finally breaks ranks two or three *years* after it's
recognized that it's a problem.

Please name the other top-10 A/V companies that followed F-Prot's lead in
fixing this issue in their products.

As I already said in my message about this, some of us are working to
get this fixed and have been for a while.  It will take time though --
for one, some of those darned users apparently _demand_ that this
feature be left in the products (and you know, as well as I, that that
means at least some of them intend to leave the "feature" enabled...).

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html