Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: MyDoom.b samples taken down

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:07:02 -0600

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 06:08, Mike wrote:
I have copied the files to the following locations:
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~mjcarter/virus/MyDoomA.exe
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~mjcarter/virus/MyDoomB.exe

And so the virus spreads again..... and by means not anticipated by its
author... Spreading via search engines, and infecting people wanting to
download the Doom sequel...

When posting viruses, may I suggest a mechanism that forces someone to
manually click on a button or enter a number or something? Anything that
prevents automatic download from a URL. Otherwise your web space might
be misused by MyDoomC as a download point.

Regards,
Frank