Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: OpenPGP (GnuPG) vs. S/MIME

From: petard <petard () freeshell org>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 05:49:22 +0000

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 06:38:15PM -0800, Chris Adams wrote:
requests. There's no need to exchange keys, deal with key servers (how
many clients won't automatically fetch the key I used with this
message?) or explain a web of trust to your non-geek friends. Multiply

Umm... they don't need to automatically fetch the key you used with this
message. You sent it. And they don't need to fetch the key that signed
your key; it's included with their client distribution, they've manually
gotten it, or they don't trust it and your sig didn't verify. No
automatic fetching :-)

regards,

petard

--
If your message really might be confidential, download my PGP key here:
http://petard.freeshell.org/petard.asc

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html