Full Disclosure mailing list archives

[OT] Re: Knocking Microsoft

From: Robert Brockway <robert () timetraveller org>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:29:07 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, James P. Saveker wrote:

Microsoft has and how poor this is.  As everybody subscribing to this list
and similar zone-h, bugtraq etc will know Linux has many warnings posted
also.  Yet I rarely hear people talking about that and indeed how it is far
more difficult to keep linux distro's up to date.  Windows has a far greater

% apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

Want to install apache-ssl?

% apt-get install apache-ssl

All dependencies (including security updates) taken care of.

Yeah you're right, that was hard :)

Try Debian GNU/Linux and tell me again that Linux is hard to maintain.
Most OS development teams/companies should aspire for their OSes to be
half as easy to maintain as Debian.

Cheers,
        Rob

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.