Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Sample of Mydoom A & B

From: user.headspace () comcast net
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:17:23 +0000

Having taught at university, I believe there are no dumb questions.  The only dumb question is the one that goes
unasked.

Those of us who are professionals either help the others learn, without ridicule, or they won't learn and the state of
the interent won't get better.

As I see it, we can let someone new stumble a long and do more harm, or show we can help educate them and move them in
the right direction.

Your way off base on this...

UH

":-\)" <nirt_speed () yahoo com> wrote:

Ok I am a bit late into this game, been caught up doing other work in
office and skipped through the whole Mydoom experience.  I am hoping
someone here has a copy of Mydoom A and B.  If so, please contact me
off-line.  THANK YOU

Oh good, so another lamer can "accidentally" spread it further.

There is a very good rule of thumb regarding who needs virus samples --
if you need to ask on a public mailing list, newsgroup etc, you don't
need them.

It's a bit like the "who should rule the universe" issue in the Hitch- hiker's Guide...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html