Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Dig SCO?

From: James Bliss <james.bliss () comcast net>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 23:45:34 -0600

On Monday 02 February 2004 23:24, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:56:24 CST, James Bliss <james.bliss () comcast net>
said:
I have a question, has anyone documented the number, volume, any metrics
of the number of packets actually going to sco.com?  Possibly the source
IPs as well to see if it is scattered or centralized on a few boxes.

Gonna be somewhere between diddly and squat, considering they yanked
www.sco.com out of the DNS. :)

I guess I should have been more precise, how many requests were/are actually
being directed at sco.com by mydoom?  Yeah, I realized they took it out of
the DNS, but I was wondering if it was:
1)  Because they actually were being flooded with requests
2)  It was a precaution, but no evidence that it happened
3)  If precaution, was it justified or merely for 'theatrics'  (Of course it
could have always been both).

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html