Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Re: GAYER THAN AIDS ADVISORY #01: IE 5 remote code execution

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:34:43 -0600

--On Wednesday, February 18, 2004 8:04 PM -0800 morning_wood <se_cur_ity () hotmail com> wrote:

my question is... who is the admin / security manager for this locale?
again, this is not a windows issue, it is an administrator issue in which
the controlling admin of the network is clueless as to how to manage
a flexible win-net.

The chances are good to excellent that there *is* no IT person there, Donnie. After all, we're talking about a doctor's office. Most of them don't have any IT staff unless they're pretty large practices (multiple doctors.) My doctor is one of four in the practice, and they have no IT staff at all. They have to call outside help in to fix problems. Usually what happens is the "most knowledgeable" person in the office gets to take the first stab at problem solving.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member