Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: AV Naming Convention

From: ASB <abaker () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 06:22:08 -0400

====
Using a generic no-name description in an identity file until a
committee named a virus variant would unsettle millions of end users
("you've got a virus, but I'm buggered if I know what it's called").
====

This happens anyway.    Try describing a virus to someone else in the
first few hours after detection...       There are all sorts of names
used for every virus.

-ASB