Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: WIndows XP SP2 "breaks" things

From: "Ferris, Robin" <R.Ferris () napier ac uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:33:30 +0100

I havent heard about about this being a problem but will be testing this
in the next few months, so thnxs for the heads up. M$ have said that SP2
must be quote "tested, tested, tested and tested in your environment to
see what it breaks" prior to installing it. Looks like some of Gregory
customer got ahead of themselves! It is fairly easy to open up the
windows firewall unlike the old ICF. So hopefully they will get it
sorted soon.

Just my 2 bobs worth

RF