Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Blocking Music Sharing.

From: Sam Baskinger <sam () reefedge com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:26:25 -0400

Hi all,

A few folks don't know that Snort can be a little more proactive than just
detection.  Check out:

http://www.snort.org/docs/writing_rules/chap2.html#tth_sEc2.3.24

As for my comment, I agree with Jared's comment.  Be sure that your users have
agreed to an acceptable use policy for your University/Company and by that
the accountability falls to them.  Also, I just say "be careful" because it
can be a slippery sloap when companys start taking on accountability for
their employees behavior, on the Internet or otherwise.

Hope this is helpful.

Sam