Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: RE: Computer Sabotage by Microsoft

From: Sebastian Niehaus <killedbythoughts () mindcrime net>
Date: 14 Sep 2003 18:51:05 +0200

Andreas Marx <amarx () gega-it de> writes:

When you log onto XBOX live it will automatically updates EVERY MS
software that's on it.  And it wont let you cancel. It will also
download and run a check for modifications to your XBOX.  And if it
finds any will ban your MAC address and kick you off the live
service.  And towards the end of the EULA it states "Microsoft
reserves the right to upgrade\modify software on your XBOX system"

Mhhhh... just let me think about something: If you connect to the
network, MS knows your MAC address.

You have a really cute network setup, havn't you?

My network does not transmit the MAC address to Microsoft or anyone
else.

Will you tell more about this?

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html