Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: FW: Last Microsoft Patch

From: "Curt Purdy" <purdy () tecman com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:00:52 -0500

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 12:14:32AM -0400, Exibar wrote:
Well, I was able to verify his GSEC.  By far the easiest of
the certs he's
listed to attain.

Actually, I beg to differ.  Never went to a school or training for any of
them but the GSEC.  The special 8x12-hour-day SANS conference in D.C. last
year was awesome.  You either came out of there scared s___less or with a
head 2 hat-sizes bigger.  Anyone who takes it, try to get Eric Cole, a real
brain and great teacher.  The course is worth it for anyone in infosec,
whether you want the cert or not.

As for the cert's I prefer getting them from experience vs. boot-camp, more
meaningful to me.  As for the easiest, unquestionably the CISSP followed by
the CCDA, also have CCNA which was even easier, but I ran out of room ;)  I
just put CISSP first because it seems to be so well respected.

As for the snipes on my unfamiliarity with Swen, I am blushing, but I have
also just finished a month-long security audit for a HIPAA client and have
not kept up like I should have.

Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA
Information Security Engineer
DP Solutions

If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
-- White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html