Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: FW: Last Microsoft Patch

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:27:38 -0500

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Curt Purdy [mailto:purdy () tecman com]
        Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 2:05 PM
        To: full-disclosure () lists netsys com
        Subject: [Full-disclosure] FW: Last Microsoft Patch

        Anybody else get this?  Looks legit, originating address is from
msnbc.com.  But can't believe even Microsoft would be this stupid after
the rash of trojan-attached "patch announcements" lately.  Plus all
security people have been saying that Microsoft would never email a
patch out.  Or are they thinking, "Send this out so all the stupid
people will click on this before they click on a real trojan?

        Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA

        And you wonder why I don't care about certs???

        http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100662.htm

        Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
        Adjunct Information Security Officer
        The University of Texas at Dallas