Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: New Microsoft security bulletins today

From: Joshua Levitsky <jlevitsk () joshie com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:12:05 -0400

On Oct 15, 2003, at 3:06 PM, Jerry Heidtke wrote:

Microsoft just issued 7 new security bulletins: 5 for various Windows
version and 2 for Exchange.

Six are rated "critical", one is "important". Just to refresh your
memory, a critical vulnerability is one that can be exploited remotely
and automatically (such as by a worm) and gives complete system control.
An important vulnerability is one can be exploited remotely and gives
complete system control, but cannot be exploited automatically or
without some user action.

Ah what's to worry about. Exploits against Exchange / OWA / Messenger Service / Authenticode / Active X can't harm anyone. :) Bring em on.

Luckily I deployed my SUS boxes at work and all I had to do to deploy the patches was check a few little boxes on my SUS servers.

--
Joshua Levitsky, CISSP, MCSE
System Engineer

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.