Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Any news on www.kievonline.org site?

From: Sean Earp <smearp () mac com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:56:20 -0700

All-

Hopefully this will be the last word regarding kievonline so we can get back to discussing Full Disclosure, and not annoying spam... Recently updated at the site <http://www:kievonline.org>...

Dear Visitor;

If you came to this website because you received a SPAM and/or a hate e-mail from admin () kievonline org  please read the following announcement:

To Whom It May Concern;

In recent days, we have been attacked by individuals who hacked or used some type of program(s) which sent out an unknown amount of emails to many individuals and companies using our domain name (kievonline.org) with the above mentioned email address :(admin () kievonline org) We do not have such an email address setup.

Be advised, we at kievonline.org DID NOT send you this email, it did not get sent from our mail server, it got sent to you by these individuals who hacked or tried to hack into our server. Our hosting company notified us regarding these emails and together we decided to temporally disable this website.

We regret and apologize to all of you whom have been harassed in any shape or form. Please forward the email to your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and they might be able to trace it from where it had originated.

We have contacted the local authorities in the USA and abroad (we believe that these individuals are not from the USA). We have a trace of their IP addresses and other valuable information which will assist the authorities upon who we are dealing with.

In closing we would like to comment that this website has been set up for the use of an online forum (bulletin board) for students of the Kiev School as a tool to keep in touch (general chat). This website and its members have not and will not have acted in such a terrible manner.

PS We hope to have this forum up in  running in the near future.

Yours truly,

M.A.

Administrator

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.