Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Is the record industry turning to Trojan horse programs to copy-protect CDs?

From: Cael Abal <lists () onryou com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:45:52 -0400

If permanent installation of this driver was included in the EULA, then
this is not a trojan horse.  Since I don't have a copy of the license
agreement handy, I couldn't say whether it's in there or not...but IMHO,
too many people ignore the fact that they are allowing themselves to be
legally bound to such agreements without even reading them, and many
newer EULAs even include an auditing clause giving the manufacturer to
visit your facility and audit your systems.  One of these days the RIAA
might try and install monitoring software under such an agreement, and
people who blindly agree to EULAs will be the ones nabbed by the RIAA.

I'm anxiously awaiting the attempted enforcement of a blatantly ridiculous EULA -- something so preposterous that it can't help but make the news.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html