Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Off topic programming thread

From: Bill Weiss <houdini () nmt edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:56:27 -0700

Mortis(m0rtis () adelphia net)@Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 02:00:30AM -0500:
How many people are on the list?  How much time does it take
to read a message?  What's their time worth?

I have minimum math skills, but I think I can do this one.
1 person * 1 minute * $60/hr/person = $6.  OMG, did I do
that right?  $6000 for every 1000 subscribers.  Plus most of
the list makes a lot more than that.  Especially in business
terms where you at least double the salary costs.  You guys
suck.

1 minute at $60/hr is $1 / minute (1 min * 60 $/hour / 60 min/hour = $1)

Back to your thread:
BRETT: Are you trying to say that the standard library
is badly written?

I will say it.  Your risk management system is shoddy as
well.  Not that I'm blaming you.  Been there.  Done that.
Felt the pain.  Probably do it again.

It's poor quality.  Tell the truth.

From the sounds of it, no.

You only need to validate data at the times it can change.  If his app
validates at input (and stuff can't change, natch), then there's no need
to revalidate.

Sanity overrules dogma, sometimes.

--
Bill Weiss

Since September 2002, the United States is the only country in the world
where 60 per cent of the population believes that Iraq is an imminent
threat - something that people do not believe even in Kuwait or Iran.
        -- Noam Chomsky

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html