Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [inbox] Re: RE: Linux (in)security

From: Stormwalker <bruen () coldrain net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:32:29 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, Bruce Ediger wrote:
Well, no, but I don't believe your theory either.  VMS usually gets
held up as an example of an OS without significant security problems.
Sorry to tell you, but DEC wrote VMS mainly in VAX-11 assembler.
The Alpha-CPU port of VMS involved writing a VAX-11 assember compiler,
and compiling the VAX assembly code to Alpha object code.

    Perhaps my memory is too feeble to know for sure, but when I was
    running VMS so long ago, much of the source code I read was in
    Bliss[16|32], a macro-like language that only DEC used.

                      cheers, bob

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html