Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [inbox] Re: RE: Linux (in)security

From: Sven Hoexter <sven () timegate de>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:12:43 +0200

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 06:09:12AM -0700, dwr3ck () hushmail com wrote:

I can determine when a Windows box has been owned fairly easily.
Can you? Really? Hm maybe I should use windows.

How do you determine if you have a KLM on your Linux box?  (serious question
from someone who does not know)  I'm asking specifically about Red Hat
because I am a Corporate America slave and IBM has made this the distribution
that most of corp America will use.
Best way are integrity checks with tripwire, aide, afick [1] or other relatet
tools.
Other way around if don't have a database with the checksumms from the clean
system you can use chkrootkit [2]

Sven

[1] http://afick.sf.net
[2] http://www.chkrootkit.org/