Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: [inbox] Re: RE: Linux (in)security

From: <dwr3ck () hushmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 06:09:12 -0700

Question about Linux vs. Windows security.

(first off, I'm a linux newbie)

I can determine when a Windows box has been owned fairly easily.

How do you determine if you have a KLM on your Linux box?  (serious question
from someone who does not know)  I'm asking specifically about Red Hat
because I am a Corporate America slave and IBM has made this the distribution
that most of corp America will use.

One last comment on security of one product vs. another - ALL vendors
and products have their issues.  My take on this is to do due dillegence
as an IT por to learn how to secure all the various platforms in my environment.
 While mildly entertaining, aregments about monoculture etc. do not help
me accomplich this.  I get a lot more out of the hard core tech e-mails
that traverse this list.

Thanks in Advance for any information on KLMs,

DWreck

https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html