Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Sidewinder G2

From: "Brent J. Nordquist" <b-nordquist () bethel edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:28:26 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, David Maynor <dave () 0dayspray com> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 11:03:06AM -0600, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-9812.html#contests

I think that may be a bad example as that talks about crypto challenges
as oppsoed to operational security products. There is a big diffrence in
cryptanalysis and bug hunting in firewalls.

I disagree.  Click the above and notice that Bruce even uses the word
"firewall" in the second line... he isn't restricting his comments to just
cryptosystems in that article, but rather he talks about whole systems and
products.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <b-nordquist () bethel edu> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://kepler.acns.bethel.edu/~bjn/contact.html

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html