Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: SSH Exploit Request

From: "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonathan () nuclearelephant com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:10:37 -0500

`As do I.  Maybe I've just been reading comp.risks for too many years, but what
I objected to was the "it's *perfectly* safe..." attitude that some were
projecting.  The older readers on this list probably remember a movie trailer
with the line

"and nothing can possibly go wrong.. go wrong.. go wrong.. go wrong...."

I think it was around version 3.0.1 where the bright folks working on
the ssh project released a version where you could log in as any user by
providing any password of two characters in length...which was either
extremely stupid or extremely intentional.  Don't let anyone ever make
you feel paranoid.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html