Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: SSH Exploit Request

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:24:16 -0500

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 08:30:03 EST, Vladimir Parkhaev said:

Of course not, but I personally prefer to take a chance (and responsibility)
for impacting a prod server with gone-wild-ssh-update over being 0wned.

`As do I.  Maybe I've just been reading comp.risks for too many years, but what
I objected to was the "it's *perfectly* safe..." attitude that some were
projecting.  The older readers on this list probably remember a movie trailer
with the line

"and nothing can possibly go wrong.. go wrong.. go wrong.. go wrong...."