Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Antivirus Software Solutions?

From: William Warren <hescominsoon () trifles com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 16:54:47 -0600

I am evaluating Astaro Security Linux: It is a firewall, http proxy and virus gateway(for both pop3 and smtp and uses the kapersky anti-virus engine that can be set to auto-update hourly if you wish)...also it can filter suspicious attachments by file extension<s> you specify. So far i have found it to be quite well rounded and with the a/v and a strict attachment policy( anything executable under windows is automatically deleted before it gets to the a/v engine) i have so far has maybe 10 attachments that the a/v engine had to quarantine due to infection..i have yet to have anything get past the combined attachment a/v combination to the desktops...:)

You can download your 30 day unlimited functionality demo at astaro.com..:)

William

Nick Price wrote:

I'm looking for two pieces of Antivirus software. The first I would like to filter viruses at the NAT/Gateway itself. The platform should be either Linux, BSD, Solaris, or NT. I'm also looking for Antivirus software to use on each of our workstations. We've been using Norton, but I'd like to know what the "experts" here suggest.

Thanks
Nick
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

--
May God Bless you and everything you touch.

My "foundation" verse: Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.